Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hello!
It has been a long time. The last few weeks in Belize were overwhelming, both for good and bad reasons. I met an amazing group of friends that I spent almost every evening with. We BBQed, listened to music, played b-ball, biked and swam late into the night and watched in awe as Ezrah taught the guys how to break dance. To summarize, I didn't sleep much and saw the sunrise more in the last weeks than the entirety of the trip.
On the flip side, the intensity level in the office gradually rose as we participated in "Maya days." prepared for the Julian Cho memorial and shifted around to accomidate 6 more house guests :-0
I made it home safely on April 10th and give credit to those late experiences in changing my overall perspective of the journey.
Since being back I have been eating non stop and soaking in hot showers (ahhhh). PS- If anyone has any remedies for over indulging, please send them ASAP.... I feel like a blimp and am definitely in need of a fast...... (ugh)

An ongoing phenomena for the past month or so is an increase in sentimental emotions while listening to music. Deciphering lyrics and their underlying messages has grown in importance and so has expanding my CD selection. Below are some lines from a few of the songs that have been resonnating- enjoy! (it goes on for a while so don't feel bad about skimming.. it is more for me than anyone else)

Deana Carter-Strawberry Wine
I was caught somewhere between a woman and a child
When one restless summer we found love growing wild
On the banks of the river on a well beaten path
Funny how those memories they last

Like strawberry wine and seventeen
The hot July moon saw everything
My first taste of love oh bittersweet
Green on the vine
Like strawberry wine

I still remember when thirty was old....
....A few cards and letters and one long distance call
We drifted away like the leaves in the fall....

Tray Chapman- Fast Car
You got a fast car
I want a ticket to anywhere
Maybe we make a deal
Maybe together we can get somewhere

Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so we can fly away
We gotta make a decision
We leave tonight or live and die this way

Eric Clapton- Tears in Heaven
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
cause I know I don't belong here in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment